D Link Corporation was founded in 1986 in Taipei as Datex Systems Inc. It began as a network adapter vendor and has gone on to become a designer, developer, and manufacturer of networking solutions for both the consumer and business markets.In 2007, it was the leading networking company in the small to medium business (SMB) segment worldwide.D-Link operates an indirect channel model, selling through distributors, resellers, retailers, VARs, and Telecom Service Providers.
D-Link’s products are geared towards the networking and communications market. Its business products include switches, surveillance network cameras, firewalls, iSCSI, SANs and business wireless, while consumer products cover consumer wireless devices, broadband devices, and the Digital Home devices (which include media players, storage, and surveillance camera/NVR). It was the first wired and wireless networking company to launch the green technology D-Link Green. D-Link first applied the power saving technology to its unmanaged switches and later to its wireless routers. The technology works by setting any ports that are not in use to standby mode to reduce power to idle ports, in addition to fan less and variable speed fans. “Green” switches can also detect cable length and adjust power output accordingly.
D-Link Product Family:-
1. D-Linkgo 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch – (GO-SW-8E)
2. D-Linkgo 5-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch-(GO-SW-5E)
3. 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch-(DES-1008E)
4. 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch-(DES-1005E)
5. 8-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch-(DES-108)
6. 5-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch-(DES-105)
7. 8-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch-(GO-SW-8GE)
8. 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch-(GO-SW-5GE)
9. 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch-(GO-SW-8G)
10. 5-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch-(GO-SW-5G)