American Power Conversion Corporation (APC), it is now known as Schneider Electric is a manufacturer of uninterruptible power supplies, electronics peripherals and data center products. In 2007, Schneider Electric acquired APC and combined it with MGE UPS Systems to form Schneider Electric’s Critical Power & Cooling Services Business Unit. In 2011 APC by Schneider Electric became a product brand only, while the company was rebranded as the IT Business Unit of Schneider Electric. So It is working as a subsidiary of Schneider Electric. Its headquarter is in west Kinston, Rhode Island The United State of America.
Smart-UPS by APC
APC Smart-UPS is a line of smaller units for home and office use, available in floor standing and rack mount versions. With the exception of the RT series, Smart-UPS units are line-interactive UPS systems, only running their inverters when grid power is unavailable..The units have a Smart Slot which accepts an optional interface card providing features ranging from network connectivity to temperature and humidity monitoring.
There are a few different variations in the Smart-UPS lineup.
(1) Smart-UPS:- The standard model, supporting true sine-wave power
(2) Smart-UPS SC:- An “extended run” series, with an Anderson DC connector allowing up to 10 external battery packs to be daisy-chained to the main unit.
(3) Smart-UPS XL:- An “extended run” series, with an Anderson DC connector allowing up to 10 external battery packs to be daisy-chained to the main unit.
(4) Smart-UPS RT:- A double-conversion / online variant providing no switchover delay during a power loss.
(5) Smart-UPS VT:- Three-phase power for larger installations.